AHA’s affiliate, Settle law firm in Uzbekistan is the premier law firm in the region providing niche intellectual property services. AHA also works closely with the Intellectual Property Department of Tilleke & Gibbins – Thailand’s premier law firm with branches in all major cities in Southeast Asia; AHA services several of Tilleke & Gibbins’ clients with protection of IP rights in Pakistan. Asma Hamid Associates provides a wide range of services in the field of intellectual property, namely : copyrights, trademark, patents, advertisements, entertainment and data protection. We provide litigation, support and advisory services for contracts and protection of intellectual and industrial rights. Not only does our network of affiliate firms in the region ensure the facilitation of provision of an international service on matters related to intellectual property, we also have access to foreign legislation, practitioners and therefore, the capacity to organise cross-border teams.
Highlights & Experience
- Successful representation of an international brand in the Intellectual Property Tribunal achieving a vacation of the injunctive order against establishing its retail stores in Pakistan, allowing the client to recommence its sales.
- Successfully represented a foreign client in a suit filed in the Lahore High Court by a distributor praying for a declaration of ownership of the client’s cosmetics’ trademark (highest selling such product in Pakistan with a turnover in the millions of dollars); the suit of the distributor was dismissed and the judgement reported in the Pakistan Law Digest.
- Successful representation of a TV channel in an appeal filed by a past agent against the order of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) who claimed ownership of the trademark; the appeal was dismissed.
- Lead counsel for a foreign client in multiple oppositions to applications for registration filed in the Trademarks and Copyrights Registries.
- Strategised and executed a successful targeted campaign for all legal remedies available to reduce infringement of a foreign client’s multi-million dollar electronic business’ mark by serving cease and desist notices, public notices, criminal actions, complaints, etc.