Tax & Revenue
Asma Hamid & Associates offers advisory services on the impact of tax on commercial projects and ventures as well as undertakes litigation at the levels of tribunal, all High Courts and the Supreme Court of Pakistan. We represent both private individuals as well as mega corporations in their disputes related to tax. We assist international and regional banks in various matters and our work with them can relate to strategic advisory, operational or project-related transactions.
- Successful representation of a mega chemicals corporation in the Lahore High Court in a Sales Tax Appeal.
- Successful representation of LPG companies in the Lahore High Court
- Successful representation of Govt. of Punjab by our Asma Hamid as an Addl. AG in ‘Colony Sugar Mills versus Government of Punjab’ reported as 2017 PTD 406; secured Rs. 3 billion in tax revenue for the Excise & Taxation Department allowing the imposition of excise duty on the manufacture of spirit by all distilleries in Punjab
- Successful representation of the Government of Punjab by our Asma Hamid as Addl. AG in the CVT Case; the Supreme Court set aside the Lahore High Court judgment that barred the Government from collecting tax on the registration of power of attorney executed in favour of a stranger, involving tax revenue of over Rs. 2 billion
- Asma represented Province of Punjab in ‘Kohinoor Textile Mills versus Govt. of Punjab’ reported as 2015 CLC 1232 and ‘Hilal Tanneries Case’ in the Lahore High Court and won the case, barring these companies from selling State land grants for paying off commercial loans.
- Asma represented the Food Department, Government of Punjab in the Supreme Court in the ‘Wheat Export Subsidy Case’, arguing and securing a favourable leave granting order and suspension of the High Court judgment with regard to foreign exchange regulations related to the wheat export policy.