Our environment practice covers all aspects, including environmental litigation, criminal complaints, environmental compliance and regulatory advice, international environmental law, climate change, and vetting of environmental assessments of plants. We have successfully represented a number of clients before the provincial Environmental Tribunals, as well as High Courts. Our team has experience assisting clients with issues relating to all media (air, water and waste) under the environmental laws of Pakistan. Our clients are based in different industries, including but not limited to manufacturing, energy, transportation, textiles and chemicals.
Highlights and Experience
- Successfully represented The HUB Power Company Limited in the High Court in an environment-related appeal
- Represent The Hub Power Company Limited in the Environmental Tribunal
- Represented Mines & Minerals Department and Environment Department, Government of Punjab in the Human Rights Case in the matter of the ‘Drying Up of the Shri Katas Raj Pond’ in Chakwal. Assisting the Supreme Court on the implications of the Study for Delineating Negative & Positive Areas in the Salt Range & Trans Indus Area in Punjab and its implications on the cement sector in Pakistan
- Successfully argued the case reported as ‘Maple Leaf versus Environmental Protection Agency, Punjab' in the Lahore High Court, stopping the expansion of cement plants until approval is obtained from the EPA
- Secured the suspension of mine leases in the Margallah Hills Mining Leases Case in the Supreme Court in 2018 until the lessees obtain environmental approvals
- Team member of the legal team for Restructuring & Capacity Building of EPA EPD, Punjab for Effective Enforcement of Environmental Standards in Punjab Project (2017)